Community health diagnosis is the quantitative and qualitative description of health of citizens and factors that influence their health. It identifies problems ,proposes areas for improvement and stimulates action. ( WHO)
Objectives of community health diagnosis
- To determine the major health problems and need
- To identify the resources to deal with these problems
- To ensure community participation
- To study identify health problems and public vulnerability to adverse social and health events in the community,
- Identifying the social and environmental interlinked to the health and health problems,
Community Diagnosis Tools
- Closed ended and open ended questions
Techniques of community health diagnosis
- Focus Group Discussion
Importance of Community health diagnosis
- Creates awareness to the people about their own health needs and their underlying factors through investigation and implementations of appropriate methods.
- Helps to realize their real health needs.
- Helps to prioritize the problems and make intelligent use of resources.
- Careful discovery of hidden health problems.
- Helps to find out underprivileged people who are in particular need of health and education
Community diagnosis Vs Clinical Diagnosis
Adhikari is a founder of publichealthglobe.com and a public health enthusiast aiming to create an impact on the community all across the globe. A true believer of Prevention is better than cure.